Chemical Formula : C4H6O5
Malic acid is an important organic compound having a sharp clean, tart, acidic taste. It is free flowing, stable and non hygroscopic.
- Appearance White Crystalline granules / Fine Granules / Powder
- Odour Little or no odour
- Colour 10% water solution APHA Max. 10
- Assay (as DL Malic acid on dry basis) Min 99.50%
- Fumaric acid Max. 1.00%
- Maleic acid Max. 0.05%
- Residue on ignition Max. 0.05%
- Water insoluble matter Max. 0.10%
- Moisture Max. 0.30%
- Lead (as Pb) Max. 5 ppm
- Arsenic (as As) Max. 1 ppm
- Heavy metals (as Pb) Max. 10 ppm
Chemical Formula : C4H4O4
Fumaric Acid is found abundantly in nature. Fumaric acid has a slight acid taste. It is free flowing, stable and non-hygroscopic.
The specification parameters of Thirumalai Chemicals' Fumaric Acid meets the Technical Grade specifications.